Sunday, November 5, 2017

Driving Grandpa

https://www.amazon.com/Driving-Grandpa-John-Redstand-ebook/dp/B00ZZ7SA78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509929349&sr=8-1&keywords=Driving+Grandpa

Driving grandpa. What an awesome book. Elderly folk are awesome and always say things that make you laugh. They just don’t care what comes out their mouth. I started reading this book and had a hard time putting it down when I had to. My growling stomach when I was supposed to be cooking dinner for my family wasn’t as interesting as this book.

The book starts off about a year after grandma passes away. Relatives tried to stay with grandpa but said he was just too ornery, like living with a grizzly bear being attacked by hornets. Grandpa is described as a 90 year old WWII veteran that is unable to drive anymore. The grandson telling the story said the last time he let grandpa drive, he forgot to hit the breaks. Grandpa told grandma he was sitting at a red light and the car on front of him put it in reverse and hit the gas hitting him. Lol. One of my favorite stories in this book.

Well the grandson got a job at the bank going to abandon houses to change the locks. He started taking grandpa with him every day. He stopped to get grandpa one day and found him walking miles from his house saying your crazy uncles tried to put me in a nursing home. Which was actually just an apartment.

Grandpa tells him war stories all the time as they hang out during the day. When he gets questioned about some of his stories he gets defensive. It makes me laugh. This book will have you fall in love with grandpa. But if I told all the funny  stories in this book, there would be no point in buying it. Brace yourself for the ending though. I highly recommend this book. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment