Saturday, November 4, 2017

Career Rocket 101

Here's a good book for anyone job/career hunting.

https://www.amazon.com/Career-Rocket-lunch-yourself-success-ebook/dp/B076HC4RVF/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z6CGJ8MV4ECZ1C240DA8

After college I went to several interviews with little success. I am still at the same job I was at before I went to college. I got this book to help me land the job I went to college for. There are tips in this book that I never thought of such as after the interview, send a thank you note. And again express your interest in the job.
After reading the resume tips, I am redoing mine. It states that you must have a cover letter. If you are entry level, your resume should only be one page. Fonts used on resumes should be easy to read.
As far as interview tips this book says you should practice your interview. You should arrive prepared. You should have a friendly first impression. Follow their dress code and make eye contact.
This book also has tips on what to do after you land the job. They will be very helpful in my success. Such as take notes during meetings. Avoid office gossip and be a team player.
This book has many more tips. I just listed a couple that stood out most to me. The set up of this book is pretty neat. Its in color and makes it more interesting to your eyes. I recommend this book to anyone out their job/career hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment