Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Joy.ology: The Chemistry of Happiness

Joy.ology: The Chemistry of Happiness
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1973365340/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IYfmAb6DSTJ7E


This book teaches about happiness, what actually makes you happy. There are 4 chemicals in your brain to thank for happiness: Dopamine, Serotonin, Endorphins, and Oxytocin.  I agree with this book in money doesn’t make you happy.

I have seen this where I work. Bottom employees aren’t happy about their rate of pay. Mid managers are too tired from working the extra hours. My store manager is always tired from working all the extra hours and listening to employee and customer complaints all day.

Happiness and unhappiness are chemically created in your brain. The 4 chemicals help make you happy. How you negatively react to a situation, stress releases too much cortisol chemical in your brain and can cause unhappiness.

I agree with the information in this book. It is well written and easy to follow and understand. I highly recommend this book to everyone to help increase the amount of happiness in their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment